We are seeking your views on plans to update our charges for some of our permits, licences, and compliance activities for 2024 - 2025.


The consultation is available online and will close on Monday 8 January 2024.

You can provide your water abstraction returns (amount of water taken) online.

We will email you at the start of your abstraction return period. You can then start entering your returns using the link below.

You can record your readings at any time but will only be able to submit them at the end of the return period.

If you have problems submitting your return, please contact us on 0300 065 3000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email us.

Please have your licence number ready.

If you have not taken any water during the return period, you will still need to complete and submit your nil returns to us.

To use the water abstraction service, you must be:

  • the licence holder
  • the nominated contact or the returns contact for the licence

Sign up to the water abstraction returns service

If you do not already have an account with us, you will need to create one using your own individual e-mail address (not a group e-mail).

We will have emailed you a thirteen character code to register for the service.

If you are a registered waste carrier or broker, you will already have an account with us and don't need to register again.

If you would like to sign up to the online returns service and have not received a code, please contact us.

You can contact us on 0300 065 3000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email us. Please have your licence number ready.

The service will enable you to:

  • record your abstraction readings at any time throughout the year
  • submit your returns in either Welsh or English
  • view, download and print your return information

Deadline for returns

By the 12 May 2023, please submit any outstanding returns from 1 January 2019. You can do this through our online water resources returns service.

You should only submit your return records at the end of your return period.

Keeping your details up to date

You must tell us if your return contact (or licence holder contact) details change. It is your responsibility to ensure your details are up to date.

To inform us of any changes, please contact us on 0300 065 3000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email us. Please have your licence number ready.

Change or cancel your licence

Find out how to change or cancel your licence.

Submit your water abstraction returns by post

If you cannot access the water abstraction returns service, you can submit your returns to us by post.

We will send you the form at the start of the return period. At the end of the return period, it's important you complete and return the form to us.

You must always keep a copy of your return records on site for inspection.


Last updated