Apply to use land we manage

We cannot process any application to use land we manage in south west Wales received between 9 April and 1 June 2024.

This is due to high demand.

Check back for updates.

Use this service to do something on NRW land like:

  • horse riding
  • filming
  • holding an event
  • foraging
  • surveys
  • education
  • carrying out works

How long it takes

We start processing applications when we receive all the information we need.

Horse riding permits in Newborough take up to 10 working days.

Filming requests take at least 3 weeks.

For all other applications it will take up to 12 weeks.

Before you start

You need to tell us about:

  • you or your organisation
  • who we can speak to
  • what you want to do (for surveys we need species information)
  • the land you want to use and when
  • how many people will be on site
  • any alterations to the environment (eg cutting trees)
  • any drones
  • vehicles you want to take onto the land

Documents you need to upload

If you are applying for a horse riding permit we only need proof of public liability insurance.

For all other applications we need:

  • a map
  • proof of public liability showing:
    • your name
    • cover dates
    • cover amount (at least £5 million)
  • a risk assessment
  • an emergency plan
  • public liability insurance, risk assessment and drone licence details


Long term agreements to use our land

If you want to run a project that lasts for over a year, contact Llais Y Goedwig at They can:

  • help you complete your project application
  • give advice on funding
  • help with sustainability
  • introduce you to network of Welsh community woodland projects

Explore more

Last updated