Apply to surrender an installations permit

Before you apply

If you no longer need your permit you must surrender it. You can also surrender part of your permit, for example if you want to remove a facility or reduce the area of land your permit covers.

How to apply

You must fill in Part A and E2 and F1.

To work out how much you need to pay you will need to complete the Charge Tool.

The tool contains guidance on how to complete it, but if you have any queries please contact us using the general enquiries email address below”

You will also need to review your OPRA spreadsheet to ensure that your annual subsistence charge remains correct.

Download the Operational Risk Assessment (OPRA) spreadsheet 

Application forms

When opening the forms, you may need to click 'View, Edit document' or 'Enable content'. Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page for more information on using our application forms.

Please note: Once you have selected the right parts of the form you only need to fill in the sections of that form which are relevant to your application.

If you are having difficulty filling in your application then the information in the 'Help with you application' section below may help you. If you require some pre application advice please use the contact details below.

Part A

Application form Part A - About you

Guidance notes Part A - How to complete Part A of our application form

Part E

Application Form Part E2 - Surrender an installation

Guidance notes Part E2 - How to complete Part E2 of our application form

Part F

Application Form Part F1 - Charges and declarations

Guidance notes Part F1 - How to complete Part F1 of our application form

Help with your application

General enquiries email -

General enquiries number 0300 065 3000

Customer Service Centre
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
Cambria House
CF24 0TP.

Related document downloads

Last updated