Cookies on our website

The Natural Resources Wales website uses cookies. By continuing to browse or by clicking “Continue,” you agree to the storing of first- and third-party cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Cookie policy.

T11 Waste Exemption

T11 – Repair and Refurbishment of WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)

To register this exemption you must pay a fee and fill in the specific notification form for WEEE.

You must read our general guidance on exempt waste operations before reading this specific guidance. This will help you to fully understand the steps you must take to ensure you comply with the exempt waste operation(s) you want to register. You can read the Environment Agency’s general guidance at the link below.

Important changes to electronic payments

Our bank details have changed. If you want to pay for your permit or licence application by electronic transfer, use our new bank information below. Please look at the ‘Our charges' section of our website for full details of the changes.

New information
Company name:  Natural Resources Wales 
Company address:     Income Department, PO BOX 663, Cardiff, CF24 0TP
Bank: RBS
Address: National Westminster Bank Plc., 2 1/2 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4BA 
Sort code:  60-70-80 
Account number: 10014438

We will update our forms as soon as possible, but please use the new bank information on Our Charges page when making electronic payments from now on. Do not use the details given in our permit/ licence application forms and guidance if they are different to those above.

Summary of exemption

This web page contains a brief summary of the exemption so you can see if it is applicable to you. Before you register this exemption please make sure you have read the full guidance document. There is a link to this document at the bottom of this page.

What is the purpose of this exemption?

This exemption is to allow you to repair or refurbish various types of waste electrical and electronic equipment so that the WEEE or any dismantled parts can be reused for its original purpose.

What types of activities can I do?

  • A business collects fridges which have broken lights or missing doors and repairs them for resale
  • A furniture reclamation group collects televisions and white goods from households and refurbishes them for reuse
  • A company collects redundant IT equipment from other businesses, which it dismantles and then rebuilds at its own depot to sell on

Please read the document below for the full guidance on this exemption.

Related exemptions

If you only want to store WEEE prior to its treatment elsewhere you should read the guidance on S2 using the link below.

How to register this exemption

Once you have read and understood the full guidance, please fill in the electronic form below. If you are paying by credit or debit card, you will also need to complete the CC1 form in the 'Downloads' box on this page:

Once you have completed your application, please email it to us at:

General enquiries number 0300 065 3000

Or post it to us at:
The Producer Responsibility Unit
Natural Resources Wales
Rivers House
St Mellons Business Park

Related document downloads

WEEEX001 T11 application form Apply to register a T11 waste exemption. WORD [164.7 KB]
Form CC1 Credit and debit card payments only PDF [372.9 KB]

Is there anything wrong with this page? Give us your feedback.