Wales Harvesting and Marketing (WHaM) operates a central dispatch line (0300 065 4000). As part of our timber security measures, all timber uplifted from Welsh Government woodlands should be:
- Recorded on a valid conveyance note (ticket)
- Authorised by the issue of a PIN via the dispatch line before loading starts
Natural Resources Wales's Dispatch Procedure
All timber hauliers operating on Welsh Government woodland are expected to follow the Timber Haulage Code of Practice
WHaM publishes an annual road atlas for hauliers detailing access points, agreed routes and production coupe locations. If you require a copy of the current road atlas, contact e-sales helpdesk
Forest road closures
Natural Resources Wales promotes the social and community benefits of the woodlands in Wales on the Woodlands and You section.
- We allow many large events on the Welsh Government estate. For the health and safety of hauliers and the public, WHaM manages haulage restrictions across Wales where permission has been agreed for large events
- Forest roads are closed to haulage during these times
- If you have queries regarding forest closures, contact e-sales helpdesk
Wales Harvesting and Marketing (WHaM) manages haulage contracts to deliver biofuel to the Western Bio Energy Ltd power plant in south Wales. This includes haulage of low grade small roundwood and brash bales to the power plant.
WHaM awarded new haulage contracts through a framework tender process in 2015.
WHaM does not typically offer delivered in, short-term or long-term roadside contracts outside of this framework.