The Wales Land Management Forum (WLMF) established a sub-group in January 2017 in order to focus on tackling agricultural pollution.
There is no one silver bullet to solve this problem – the solution is a combination of different changes all of which need to be supported by new ways of thinking. The main areas are:
- A robust regulatory regime
- Developing a voluntary, farmer-led approach to nutrient management
- Ensuring better advice and guidance is provided and can be taken up by farmers
- Improving the range of investment opportunities
- Identifying and promoting innovation
In April 2018, the Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs was given a progress report on the work of the WLMF sub-group.
All those involved have worked collaboratively to help shape the initial recommendations that have been sent to the Cabinet Secretary and are optimistic that they will provide a framework to improve water quality in Welsh rivers in the long-term.
The membership of the group comprises:
- NFU Cymru Farmers’ Union of Wales (FUW)
- Country Land and Business Association (CLA)
- Dwr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW)
- Tenant Farmers Association Cymru (TFA)
- Hybu Cig Cymru (HCC)
- AHDB Dairy Carmarthenshire Fishermen’s Federation (CFF)
- Natural Resources Wales and the Welsh Government
Agendas and papers
November - minutes
October - minutes
July - Agenda and actions
Email us at email@example.com