Change (vary) an existing permit

If you would like to make any changes to your permit you need to apply for a variation

If you would like to make any changes to your permit once it has been granted, you may apply for a variation. There are two kinds of variation available:

An administrative variation – this is when there is a simple administrative change needed only, for example, updating a name following marriage. If you want to make an administrative change, you will need to fill in Part C0.8 For further information on what is an administrative variation please see the guidance for Part C0.8.

If you wish to make changes to the type of activity you are undertaking or if you wish to change the way in which you undertake an activity that differs from that prescribed by your Flood Risk Activity Permit, you may need to apply for a variation. We recommend that you contact us to discuss your plans before you apply for a Flood Risk Activity Permit Variation.

Applicants must fill in Part C8 for a normal variation. Part C0.8 must be completed for an administrative variation.

Where should I send my application?

The application form contains details of where you should send your completed application form. You can send a printed copy of your application to the relevant area office address or send it to us via email. If you need any assistance, you may wish to contact our Customer Care Centre who will be able to help direct you to a member of staff who will deal with your application and payment.


If transfer is refused and you think it has been withheld unreasonably you may appeal. Appeals are normally dealt with by Welsh Ministers. Please contact us if you would like more information about the appeals process.