Digital Delivery Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Post numbers: 203412
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
We’re looking for an experienced agile delivery manager to join our growing Digital Services Team.
As the first Delivery Manager in our team, you’ll join us at an exciting time. This is an opportunity to shape our approach to delivering agile products and services and help support Natural Resources Wales in our work to tackle the climate and nature emergencies.
Over a million people access information and services on the Natural Resources Wales website every year. These include helping businesses comply with environmental regulations to protect the Welsh environment and helping house holders understand their flood risk and prepare for flooding. It’s also an important platform for other public bodies and used by policy makers to access the evidence they need to help make decisions. And much more in-between!
Working in a multidisciplinary team, your mission will be to take a user-centred design approach to continuously build, test and support the Natural Resources Wales website and intranet platforms. Your role will be to help create the right environment for your delivery teams by removing blockers and challenging the status quo, to enable the team to succeed.
You can find out more about our vision for user-centred services for the people of Wales in our Digital Strategy.
- Deliver new and improved digital products and services using the appropriate agile methodology and standards - learning and iterating frequently.
- Provide objective high level specialist expertise and advice to others based on in-depth knowledge and experience of agile delivery approaches for digital services.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process for digital products and services (primarily website and intranet) - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Initiate agile ceremonies around the team’s needs, carrying out regular retrospectives and continuously improving team and product capability.
- Manage projects as required to ensure all products are built to an appropriate quality, are fit for Wales and help support and steer the organisation to align with the Digital Service Standard.
- Interact with colleagues across the organisation, collaborating with others and removing blockers for the delivery team to provide efficient delivery of required outcomes
- Provide in-depth technical/specialist knowledge on agile delivery and digital standards across NRW, upon which others will rely and that contributes to organisational policy and strategy.
- Facilitate and present at internal and external meetings, giving input and specialist advice on digital delivery and interpreting complex information and successfully communicating this to others
- Required to take part in incident response activities
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Be an advocate for agile and digital, sharing best practice with NRW and Welsh public sector colleagues through communities of practice.
- Have substantial experience in agile delivery, of complex or multiple digital products, gained from working in a number of different organisations or in different roles or functions within a single organisation.
- Be able to explain complex technical concepts in plain English.
- Planning and managing digital products and services in an agile environment, ensuring that projects keep within budget.
- Experience of agile coaching.
- Experience of a range of delivery tools (e.g. Trello, Jira, etc.) and remote working tools (Slack, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc.). Managing and prioritising multiple products/services simultaneously.
- Experience of identifying and mitigating risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience of establishing and maintaining strong networks across teams.
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 1 – able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Desirable Level 4 - fluent in spoken Welsh
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Email the following to: Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk quoting the post reference 203412
- Your CV
- a covering letter to support your application
- no more than two sides of A4
- explain why you’re interested in the position
- provide evidence of why you’re suitable, based on the ‘Responsibilities’ and ‘Qualifications, experience and knowledge’ sections above
Application closing date 29 January 2023
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Heledd Evans at Heledd.Evans@cyfoethnaturiolcymru.gov.uk
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.