Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full Time, 37 hours per week. Working from an office each day, between 08:30 and 17:00
Post number: 202961
You will be contracted to a NRW office within the place base, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
The Facilities operational team are tasked with providing a safe and healthy built environment for NRW staff, and contractors, enabling them to carry out their duties effectively and for our customers to enjoy their visitor experience.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we maintain the above remit whilst effecting changes to improve our buildings, so they are fit for future ways of working and reduce NRW’s carbon footprint, doing our bit to respond to the Climate Emergency.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a large, dispersed team across South Wales, supporting the delivery of an efficient Facilities management related service within the Facilities and Fleet Management Operations team. The post holder will play a key role in enabling the day to day business and effective running of NRW.
NRW holds the ISO14001 environmental and ISO45001 Health & Safety management accreditation and many of our tasks directly support these and are subject to audit scrutiny.
Training will be provided and there are opportunities to undertake an IWFM apprenticeship and for career progression within the FM and Fleet function.
Driving Licence would be advantageous.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deliver legal compliance and statutory compliance advice to NRW and its Facilities and Fleet Management Operations teams.
- Deliver specifications and Construction Design Management related project management for NRW and its Facilities and Fleet Management Operation steam.
- Be the Facilities and Fleet Management Operational single point of contact (SPOC) for all contract issues.
- Provide timely and financially prudent advice on all aspects of Facilities management ensuring NRW staff, visitors and contractors work in a safe and healthy environment.
- Support the Facilities and Fleet Management Operations Team Leader in both strategic and bespoke work decisions.
- Support the Facilities Operations teams in the delivery of both hard and soft services.
- Provide excellent customer service and foster a culture of continuous improvement in delivering frontline Facilities management services for NRW's customers which are essential in ensuring statutory and legal compliance in across NRW’s buildings and other assets.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Minimum professional status as Member of Institute of Workplace & Facilities Management (IWFM) or working towards.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification or similar
- Construction Design Management qualified
- Experience and knowledge of maintaining and using Facilities Management data capture software (CAFM)
Welsh language requirements
Essential Level 1 – able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Desirable Level 4 - fluent in spoken Welsh
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Applications to this role will be assessed based on the following competencies, both at shortlisting and interview. Please give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies when completing your application form.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Evaluation of Information
Decision Making and Autonomy Requirements
Communication and Relationships with Others
Responsibility for Resources
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
- Competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Before completing your application, please read our Guidance on completing a job application form
Application closing date: 5 February 2023
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sian E Hughes at email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.