Visitor Centre Support (Ynyslas)
Closing date: 26 March 2023 | Salary: £25,326 - £28,077 (Grade 3) | Location: Ynys Las, Borth near Aberystwyth
Contract type: Fixed Term appointment until 31 October 2023
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours on a rota basis incl. weekends and bank holidays
Post number: 202791
This post helps to sustain the natural heritage of Wales so that everyone can enjoy it and benefit from it. You will do this by helping to manage the Visitor Centre on a day to day basis and support the work of colleagues to promote and manage the site.
You will provide the first point of contact for visitors focusing on customer care, health and safety and partnership liaison at the Visitor Centre. To develop and deliver an innovative events programme which is directed by NRW’s corporate objectives.
Your responsibilities will include to:
- Be the first point of contact for visitors providing orientation and information concerning the attractions and activities on offer both in person, phone and through social media.
- Act as first point of contact for service providers, business partners, café staff and other NRW Staff to ensure the smooth running of the Visitor Centre.
- Undertake Health & Safety and facility checks at the Visitor Centre and report any problems.
- Promote safe and responsible access by the public and discourage abuse of the natural environment.
- Support the Visitor Centre Recreation team. Assist in organising, planning and delivery of events with the objectives of enabling more people to enjoy the benefits of access to the natural environment, develop new markets and promote a better understanding of the natural resource.
- Act as First Aid provider as necessary.
- Ensure that appropriate signage is displayed in all public areas to support the safety of the general public, promote the Visitor Centre and its surrounding attractions / area.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Professional Qualification desirable in Customer Care, Events or Retail Management.
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 4 – Fluent in spoken Welsh
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Please send a CV to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk using the post number as the email reference
Application closing date 26 March 2023
Interviews will take place face to face at Ynyslas Visitor Centre
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Jenn Jones at email@example.com
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.