Integrated Workforce Team Member
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 9-Day fortnight
Post number: 202656
You will be contracted to the NRW location stated in this advert, which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance. You may, however, be required to work anywhere within the Mid Wales area.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Integrated Workforce team in Mid Wales.
You will join a team that are passionate about what they do. You’ll help to deliver maintenance and capital works on NRW assets. These assets include flood risk assets like flood embankments, and you’ll be helping to keep the rivers in Mid Wales free of obstructions that can increase the risk of flooding. You’ll also work on other assets managed by NRW in forests and Nature Reserves. The ability to operate equipment such as hand-held tools, which may include chainsaws, is an important element of the role.
As part of the team, you’ll take part in an incident response standby rota and provide out of hours cover.
Your responsibilities include:
- You will provide a manual labour service for the maintenance of NRW assets which include flood risk assets and NRW managed land.
- You will have the ability to operate equipment such as hand-held tools which may include chainsaws.
- You will have the ability to operate as a banksman and slinger/signaller.
- You will have the ability to understand technical and utility plans and operate in compliance with the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- You will be a user of small plant and machinery i.e., Aebi/Reform, pedestrian mowers, woodchippers etc.
- Required to take part in incident response activities.
Knowledge and experience of the following
- Relevant Operators licences for tools, machinery and plant or work towards achieving.
- IOSH Working Safely.
- ICT competence (Basic level)
- Emergency First Aid +F.
- Previous forestry, construction, agricultural, environmental or plant operators experience is desirable.
- This is a physically demanding role so reasonable levels of fitness are required.
- Confident working in and near water.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills are required for the role. GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and Maths are essential.
- Full UK driving licence ideally to include cat B + E. (trailer tow)
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 1 – able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
- Competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk using the post number as the email reference
Application closing date 29 January 2023
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Keith Jenkins at email@example.com or 07850 868066
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.