Environment Team Assistant
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Post number: 200417
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the NRW location stated in this advert, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
With more exciting things happening here at NRW than ever before, the diverse nature of our remit means that no two days are ever the same.
If you are an organised, conscientious and hardworking individual, a dab-hand at administration, enjoy multi-tasking and an excellent team player, then we’ve got the job for you!
As Assistant in the Environment Team you'll be responsible for ensuring the team can work efficiently and effectively, by providing an excellent level of support to the team and our customers. The team is multi-functional team, and you will be responsible for assisting with the provision and maintenance of equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE), receiving and logging correspondence and providing a range of administrative or business support that provides information and supports the activities of the function.
We are looking for someone who can work at a fast pace, has excellent IT skills, can meet deadlines and who is able to effectively prioritise their workload. If you enjoy the everyday reward of knowing that everything you do is helping to make a difference, then NRW is the place for you.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support the integrated delivery of functions by the team and place including collation of complex regulatory compliance and enforcement information, coordination of responses and administration of incident response rotas.
- Hold or develop a knowledge in processes such as evidence collation, database administration or simple permit determinations that supports the delivery of work by the team or place.
- Respond to basic customer queries and ensure that more complex queries are recorded and passed on to relevant staff.
- Support and process procurement requests for the team or place to ensure appropriate equipment is available and maintained in line with procedures.
- Required to take part in incident response activities
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- A good understanding of NRWs regulatory remit.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and partners.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
Welsh language requirements
Essential Level 1 – Able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Desirable Level 4 – Fluent in spoken Welsh
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Applications to this role will be assessed based on the following competencies, both at shortlisting and interview. Please give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies when completing your application form.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Evaluation of Information
Decision Making and Autonomy Requirements
Communication and Relationships with Others
Responsibility for Resources
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Before completing your application, please read our Guidance on completing a job application form
Application closing date 29 January 2023
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Rhys Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.