Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 32 hours per week over 4. Including weekends and Bank Holidays
Post number: 200149
To ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through effective, food preparation and customer service. To work with other members of the team to provide a continually improving customer service environment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Help ensure that a high-quality front of house and catering service is available daily between the advertised hours of operation.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented to the highest possible standard and that portion size is consistent.
- Adopt a clean as you work practice to ensure a safe working welcoming environment.
- Prepare food and drink to a high-quality standard ensuring that all food safety guidelines are adhered to as instructed by your supervisor.
- Ensure that all interactions with the public present NRW in the best possible manner through good customer care and service provision.
- Act as a role model of organisational values: Show exemplary behaviours of honesty, integrity and ethics. Challenge others when they fail to act as role models.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Professional Qualification desirable in Food Hygiene level 2 or willingness to acquire through formal training.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a catering and customer service role.
Welsh language requirements
Essential Level 4 – fluent in spoken Welsh
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
- Competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Please send your CV to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk
Application closing date: 21 February 2023
Interviews will take place on 24 February 2023 through Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Nia Brunning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.